Sunday, April 23, 2006

Coffee

I love coffee and order coffee out at least one morning a week. Every time I get a coffee to go, I end up with a paper cup and sometimes even a styrofoam cup...Can you believe that there are coffee shops and restaurants that still use styrofoam???? Ahhhhhhh....Now I am as guilty as the next person in not using my own to go mug...In fact, there is quite the collection in our house. So here is what I propose...it should be the challenge of every coffee drinker who doesn't stay at the shop to carry a to go mug at all times...just in case...or perhaps the coffee shops should offer a cut in price for those who do use a to go mug...More than $.10 that Starbucks offers would be incentive enough to go through the effort of carrying and cleaning a to go mug on one's own.

2 comments:

miraclemamma said...

This is a wonderful idea to encourage others to eliminate garbage. The businesses should be doing this and saving money too. I believe that a 10 cent discount would be a good incentive to others. It saves the land fill and changing the filled garbage cans so often! Come on people... just ask the coffee places the next time you buy coffee. The voices of many make good things happen!

kamloops recycler said...

Thanks for reading miraclemamma...despite my delinquency I hope you will keep reading.