Saturday, February 03, 2007

Two Evils

This past year, I started shopping at Nature's Fare in Kamloops. Some of their prices are a bit higher, but I like the quality of their products. A lot of what I buy is organic - soups, biscuits, cookies...Organic is good for the environment and better for our bodies. The issue I have is the packaging. Chips, biscuits, cookies and such have a lot more packaging than conventional products of a similar type. Typically, there will be one or two cookies in foil or plastic packaging; all of these will be in a plastic tray; all of this will then be held together by a box or plastic wrap. So, we are doing something good for ourselves and supposedly for the environment. But ultimately, we are hurting our environment with all of the wrap that gets thrown away. I'm still trying to figure out which is the worse of the two evils.

No comments: